Friday, November 6, 2009

Baby Presents

Any day now I will be a Great Aunt.
It is about time that I finally am getting a proper title because I think I have been a
"great" Aunt all along ;-)
Just in case it is a Girl
The parents of my soon to be great niece or nephew decided they wanted to step back a decade or two and find out if they have a son or a daughter when the baby arrives.

Just in case it is a Boy
That is great but it made it a little more work for me. In our family babies are welcomed with homemade gifts. The last while I have been using my new found knitting skills to make blankets, booties and hats.

Traditionally we usually crochet our gifts
so I had to throw in a few crocheted booties along with my first ever knitted ones.

Thanks to JH for instructions for this receiving blanket and burp cloths.

This print is a nod to the baby's Great Grandfather. He was a rodeo cowboy in his day and would have loved this one. I figure it could be for a boy or a girl given some of my best friends are cowgirls.

I am finally ready. Now I can just sit back, relax and hope for
all the best for the newest member of our family.

2 comments:

Wunx~ said...

Lucky, lucky grandwhatever; it's getting some great gifts!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

That's one lucky bambino! Very pretty stuff. :))