Monday, July 5, 2010

Roses

Who doesn't love roses?  I know I do.  For me the June "flush" is a sure sign of summer in Utah and I look forward to it each year.

In March we pruned these beauties in the park rose garden back to the point I thought we had killed them.

It turned out they liked the harsh treatment

and rewarded us with quite a show.

I decided it was time for my own rose garden so I did my homework, visited nurseries from Salt Lake to Ogden to find the varieties on my list.  The 12 roses I found are waiting to be planted because the bed I hired two very nice men to prepare is now a pond.  I had no idea this sunny spot once covered in grass was actually catching all the run off from the neighbor's yard.  We are trying to figure out a drain plan.  Wish me luck.  

No comments: