Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kate's Meme

My friend Kate meme'd me. What the heck is a "meme" anyway? I had to look it up. The dictionary on-line gave me the answer:

A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.

The 6th Folder Meme Rules are:

1) Go to the 6th folder on your computer.

2) Select the 6th picture in that folder.

3) Write about it.

My computer photo filing system is simple enough. I started using a digital camera in 2002, so I have a file for each year starting then. This photo is the 6th photo of my 6th year of shooting digital:

For those of you who know my Mom the photo is self explanatory. For those who don't my Mom has the "gift of gab" and spends an inordinate amount of time on the phone. The only time you can really count on calling her and not getting a busy signal is between 10 and 11 a.m. when her "show" is on. Try calling her then.....if you really want to speak with her, but make it snappy, she doesn't want to miss a minute of "The Young and Restless".

2 comments:

Snowbrush said...

"transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another."

What does repeated action mean, that you learn by watching? Remember "The 100th Monkey," a book that supported psychic transfers of information within a species after a critical mass was reached?

Anonymous said...

Love ya Aunt Max!!!! Your the greatest. Missy