Saturday, January 24, 2009

Snowshoe Day

When the air in the valley gets so thick there is nothing to do but stay indoors and sulk or head to the mountains and enjoy all they have to offer. We headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon and just about the time we hit the "S" Curve the smog and rain turned into pretty clouds with lightly falling snow. The blue skies made an effort to brighten our day.


On our last snowshoe adventure I found a puppy to match my outfit; this time TH found a cabin to compliment hers.








We were lucky to find this guy to take care of our gear while we had the best hot chocolate I've ever had that didn't have a shot of amaretto.


Peace, quiet and a great escape from life in the valley.

5 comments:

Snowbrush said...

Beatiful scenery and a happy day. Do you take your dogs along?

Peggy still downhill skis. I never liked it, but I did like cross country skiing and snowshoeing. My knees aren't so good anymore though, so I gave them up.

KC said...

Snowbrush, we don't take our dogs because they are too small to go as far as we usually do.

Dogs are only allowed in a few canyons around Salt Lake to protect the water shed but when we do go up Millcreek or in the Park City area friends with larger dogs usually take them.

Sorry you have to miss out on the fun.

Snowbrush said...

"Sorry you have to miss out on the fun."

Well, it's okay. Peggy was always more of a snow bunny than I, and we have to drive an hour or more to get high enough to get into good snow anyway.

BTW, I mentioned taking Bonnie to the vet to see if she had cancer. She did not.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. Looking forward to the next Friday Afternoon club!

DoarATAT said...

L'hiver annonce:-Vous etes jousque a la FIN,et apres;donc,restez calme!
Iarna anunta:-Esti pana la SFARSIT,si dupa;deci,ramai calm!

Te iubesc !